Saturday 29 July 2017

Stempelglede DT - It's Your Day Brother

Good morning!  Today I'd like to share the birthday card I made for my brother recently using the Steampunk Journey stamp set from Stempelglede.


I painted the image using Distress Inks as always and for a nice colour pop painted the truck red.  My brother promptly informed me it is an old army truck and should be khaki.  All this time I'd thought it was some kind of bulldozer truck hehehe!  He even found a picture on the internet of the very truck - so that told me!  In future I shall paint it khaki only ;).


I added Glossy Accents to the head lights and windows.


 I also added some gear charms from my stash.  The sentiment was written with Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers.


 I used another stamp from the set to create the gear stamping around the edge of the image.


 I recycled a piece of leather twine from some jeans packaging to use in the top of the card.  I also did a lot of splattering with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.


 I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

 

No comments: